Saturday, May 5, 2012

my education

I started art as a child, doodling around on whatever surface I could find. When I was 12 or 13, I went to a vocational school for girls. I desired to study painting after graduating, so that I can create images of stories we discussed about. My parents didn’t allow me to continue my studies as girls are thought of as merely domestic figures. We didn’t have enough money too. But I went to Yogyakarta secretly with my elder sibling to find an art school, and I enrolled in SSRI (Art (High) School of Indonesia), where I drew and painted. I stayed there for about a year, before I was expelled for being what they perceived to be ill-disciplined. I stayed on in Yogyakarta, and continued painting.

1 comment:

  1. My dearest,

    why in the world do you have to include references for your own life story? Have confidence in your memory dear, I know that your memory span is more than a goldfish, please, respect your integellence.

    here you boost your self-esteem
    -MQ

    ReplyDelete